Originally posted by stilov:
I ordered mine from that place and everything wrked out okay.

Hopefully the guy get's back to me soon. If not, I'm going to call. Here is the email I sent him and the ONLY solution I could come up with that would allow me to swap in new half-axles this weekend IF he has the right one's in stock.

Quote:

I have a problem with my order ... actually, two problems!

1) One of the axles arrived damaged. Please see attached pictures. Upon unwrapping the box from it's platic, I noticed the box was discolored and oil saturated. I opened it to find that one of the retaining bands around the inner CV joint had come unbanded, causing the axle to loose grease. The package is completely untampered and is still in the factory sealed wrap. The damaged axle is FD-8052A

2) I have a 1998 SVT Contour (2.5L engine/5-speed trans) with ABS. I placed my order accordingly and should have gotten FD-8054A & FD-8052A. Instead, I got FD-8051A & FD-8052A ... the wrong axle was sent.

So, I need to return both axles for an immediate exchange. I was hoping to do the work this weekend, but now it must be postponed another week, unless you can ship them out expidited today. I work for a logistics company and could return the incorrect/broken axles on Friday. What is the best way to remedy this situation? I was thinking it would work best/fastest if I where to buy the FD-8052A & FD-8054A today via phone (so you know who I am) and you could ship them out immediately with overnight shipping (if they are in stock). Then credit my card back the full amount of my second order when the first order of the wrong/broken axle arrive. Sound doable?

Please let me know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/20/06 02:01 PM.