I got tired of looking at the "tub" in the garage so I decided to open it up and take the newly rebuilt transmission out and introduce it to the engine. Before I could do that, the engine needed some things attached:

New SVT Flywheel ... I orginally had it for the Cougar buildup, but decided to go Fidanza for the Cougar, so it was an extra. Add to that a SPEC Stage III (sprung hub) and you have a nice looking setup that will hook up without a problem.

On to the transmission. She mated up without any hassles, but I made a small mistake. When I disconnected the transmission from the original SVT engine that was blown, I didn't label the bolts or document which went where. I did however put them all in a baggy. However, I have 8 bolts and only 7 holes accounted for ... can someone help me identify where I have the wrong bolts.

The 4 "top" bolts are all "short"

This bottom bolt on the "front" of the engine is also "short"

The bottom bolt on the "rear" of the engine is also "short", while the top bolt is "long".

The other "long" bolt is different from the one in the engine/transmission because it has a stopping tab to stop it from backing out ... can't figure out if this is a "stray" bolt or does it belong on the transmission/engine joining or elsewhere?

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/15/06 07:32 AM.