Originally posted by fastcougar:

I have come to realized one thing. Even with all the right tools (I very few fabrication tools), this R&D takes time and money and I can now see why many fab shops charge what they do! But $6,000 for a "large" T3/T4 kit ... outrageous in my book and thus why I took the gamble on this SVT. I should have just saved the money and built up the Cougar and take it for a custom one-off setup or done what I am doing now and learn to do it myself and saved even more. Oh well, you live and learn.

Many of us could have probaly told you that a while ago, but we figured you probaly wouldn't listen. You have to figure that part of that six grand for SS turbo is the tig welder machine and tungstens alone. A cheap good machine usualy starts around $2k, generaly anyone using them for any length of time have a larger sometimes water cooled unit ranging from $4000 on up. Not to mention it takes longer to do, and you have to have/pay some one that has those skills. Like you said adds up quick. No one migs stainless that does serious work. Good luck with finishing it, takes some patients for sure.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net