I've been busy as of late with work, taxes, home life ... you know the drill, thus no updates. I have however finished port matching one of the heads and will finish the second head tonight ... pictures to follow. Anyway, the reason for this post wasn't an update on progress, although progress is being made albeit slowly.

I have the Torsen and bearings and transmission going out to Terry Haines in a few days. The "race" tranny for the Cougar is being returned from Terry next week. Considering his currently backlog and workload, I'm not expecting a quick turnaround on the Contour's transmission. However, I want to get this thing running NA before I start development on the turbo kit so I can break in both the engine and SPEC Stage III clutch. So, here is what I am thinking of doing ... your feedback is always welcome!

I have some custom headers on the way that are being used as the basis for the turbo kit. They are 304SS and have provisions for fitting up to the stock Y-Pipe. I will then remove the stock Y-Pipe and fab up my turbo kit on the "hot" side. Once everything is tacked up and fitted properly, the entire mess is going back to the header fabricator for seam welding my tacked pipes and so he can work up an estimate for me on duplicating the piping kit.

The Plan

1) Build up the shortblock this weekend.
2) Pack up the tranny and ship it to Terry next week.
3) While waiting on the transmission return from Terry, begin fabricating the turbo kit.
4) By the time I finish the turbo kit's "Hot" side, the transmission should be back.
5) Fit the transmission with SVT Flywheel and SPEC Stage III clutch.
6) Ship off the "hot" side piping to the fabricator for seam welding/estimate on duplication.
7) Break the car in NA.
8) When I get back the prototype, begin install of turbo kit and swap out MAF/Injectors.
9) TUNE IT! (I have the PRP w/ XCal2)
10) DYNO IT! (I'm looking for 280+whp/tq)
11) SELL IT!

Last edited by fastcougar; 01/27/06 08:34 PM.