OK, I'm knee deep into this swap and I need some serious advice. The longer I keep this car, the longer I'm not recouping my losses here. On the flip side of that, I'm not going to rush this project to fit my vacation time this week ... besides, the swap has revieled MANY other issues that need to be addressed which involves ordering some parts which will not be here till next week. So, some down time between now and then is going to be planned for. During this time, I would like to also order a Torsen and send it and the tranny to a local transmission shop that has installed 2 Quaifes in different MTX-75's for DanG ... they have experience and since I'm in a pinch for getting this done in short order, I'm getting it to them instead of TH.

Since I intend on selling this car and recouping my losses as soon as possible AND wanting to do it right without cutting corners, I have decided to forgo the "test mule" option for the Contour. The turbo kit will be developed and tested on the Cougar instead. So, at this point, I'm looking to get advice on what I should do with this setup to get the most bang for the buck and also ask how much I can expect to get from the sale of this car. My current plans are this:

Car purchase = $11,500
3L purchase (includes shipping) = $600
3L TTY bolts/All Gaskets & valve stem seals = $408.98
3L engine work (hone/re-ring/clevite mains&rods) = $932.90
SPEC Stage I Clutch = $290 shipped
New SVT Flywheel = $110 shipped
--- Breakdown ---
* Rod Bearings (CB1772P +.25) = $37.29
* Main Bearings (MS2207P +.25) = $55.77
* Hone Cylinders = $48.00
* Regrind Rod & Main Journals = $135.00
* Cleaning = $45.00
* Rings = $116.26
* Disassemble & Reassemble short block = $280
* 3 angle valve job & fit valve stem seals = $180
* UPS Overnight on bearings = 25.10
* Sales Tax = $10.48
--- /Breakdown ---

Subtotal thus far = $13,841.88

That only leaves an LSD, which I think is a must to have. Prices vary based on vendor, but I should be able to get the LSD & bearings & speado gear & have it all fitted for roughly $950-$1,000.

So, let's just round up to be pessimistic and say we are looking at roughly $15,000 and AT MOST I could sell for what, $10,000??? What could I fetch minus the LSD? I'm wondering if the LSD + install is worth the ROI since I can't recoupe the cost from the purchase & fitment. Would you pay an extra $1,000 for this car with the LSD?

P.S. A detailed post will be coming tomorrow on the progress of the swap. As of tonight, the stock engine is on the floor next to the engine stand with the 3L block on it fresh from the machine shop visit. I have to call BAT tomorrow to order the LCA Ball joints (both are split - not my doing), along with tie rod ends, front sway bar end links & an intake system ... yet more money ...