Originally posted by Stazi:
60k IIRC

Correct and she appears to be in damn good shape ... more on that later. For now, I need someone to help me out here. I don't have an owner's manual and I need to know what is supposed to be in slot 20 in the fuse panel on the driver's above the kick panel & below the steering wheel:

Not sure it's related, but what caused me to look into this area of the car is that the left turn signal blinks VERY fast, incidating a dead bulp, but the headlights are brand new and the tail lights blink fine. Also, the high beams don't work. So, I dropped the fuse panel to check.

The weird looking fuse thingy (anyone know the real name fot this kind of fuse - looks OEM to me)

I had to bend the prongs back into place as they where disconnected from making contact. I haven't replaced it into the slot until someone can tell me what the hell it is and what the slot controlls.

On to the engine:

Left head overview

Left side cylinders

Right head overview

Right side cylinders

"Hot" cylinder closeup (note slightly whiter exhaust valve's vs. the "Normal" cylinder closeup (2nd picture). Also, I have no idea what is stuck between the seat and the intake valve ... looks like a cluster of fibers of some sort???

BTW, this is the center cylinder on the right side of the engine. Sorry, didn't bother to think or look it up, so I don't know right now which cylinder number that relates to ... I'm sure someone will chime in with the answer.

"Normal" cylinder ... the other 5 basically looked like this with varying degrees of carbon buildup.

Cylinder wall closeups

I suspect that she will only need a re-ring job and that should suffice ... that along with Clevite Mains & Rods. I'm also going to have them remove the valves & springs from the heads for me and hot tank them as well so I can do the porting. Off to the engine shop she goes ...