Originally posted by warmonger:
So what does that mean, you are giving it all back and getting $2700 or he's giving you that much back towards repairs? I mean you already took everything apart so that would suck.

No, the negotiated $2,700 was for all the other "[censored]" that I haven't gone over, like the botched battery relocation, broken sunroof motor, torn carpet, broken headlights, etc. This has been an ongoing thing with this assclown since day 2 of owning this car. I couldn't get over the attitude he copped with me on the phone though and neigher could he ... I got to work today to find this email from him:
Quote:

Trevor,

After thinking much about the conversation we had on the phone I totally understand how you are so angry and I apologize for my tone with you. There was no excuse for that�I agree with your terms and will have you the money by January 1st of next year or you can do what you need to.

Basically, he has said that he will get me the money by the end of the year or I am free to sue him ... something tells me that he will not give me a dime and I will have to see a lawyer ... for his sake, I hope he is not under the impression that I am bluffing ... I will go the distance on this one.

Regardless of payment, I have a lump of crap in my garage (the body is good, just all mechanical issues right now). So, I'm off to scour junkyards at car-part.com in search for an 01+ Escape engine.