Originally posted by fastcougar:
It's been confirmed ... compression tester arrived today with the "long neck" threads and I immediately tested cylinder #5 ... 0 ... the needle NEVER moved. I thought I hooked it up wrong, so I moved on to cylinder #6 and got a 170-172psi reading. Then I skipped back over to #4 ... 165-167psi reading. Then back to #5, just in case the gauge was acting up on the first try ... NADA, NOTHING ... I'm LIVID!

So, I call the previous owner and leave a nice voicemail since he didn't pick up his phone. I'm planning on leaving a message a day until he returns my call. If I don't hear anything from him by Friday of next week, I'm consulting a lawyer.

Well, on the lawyer part, you have the evidence you need to prove that the engine was not in good shape when you got it.

1.-- the burnt carbon on the plug is evidence that it happened previously. That oil wasn't fresh, it was old. The fresh, unburnt oil on it is obvious too.

2.-- The turbo pic shows oil in the inlet and that is from excessive blowby due to broken pistons. The excess pressure in the crank case pushes oil out everywhere, but mostly it comes past the labyrinth seals in the turbo itself because the pressure in the turbo drain pipe is the same as the crankcase = high with lots of blowby.

3.-- You'll have the broken pistons themselves when you pull them out and photograph them.

4.-- You'll need the mileage at the sale time of the car and the mileage right now when you tore it down. Hopefully you didn't drive it much otherwise none of the above will mean squat.

5.-- Last, you need the whole description, pics, and everything that were on the ebay add. It must somewhere in there say, "Runs good" or somehow tells you that it didn't have any problems before you will be able to collect anything at all. If it says "as-is" or "Condition Unknown" or anything like that, just hang it up as you will not get anything.

Again, we will help you on here with information to rebuild the car and of course with the turbo for the cougar so it won't be a total loss.

Just some ideas to help out:
Would be to post Common interests to find out who wants an SVT and who might want one with a 3L in it. If you have someone who can't put in their own 3L but wants one and is willing to make a deal with you, then just build it the way they want it so you can enhance the sale. This gives them a guarantee on how it is built and the quality of everything since it is all public. I know I'd want to buy one this way, almost built to order so to speak!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black