Just as I suspected - with that f'ed up downpipe design the wastegate did NOTHING! IF the assclown had extended the smaller tube in the down pipe so that it would enter and seal into the small wastegatew orrifice in the turbine housingTHEN you would have being able to regulate boost. This setup had no control over boost whatsoever and I bet most the exhaust gases were just going right around the turbo anyway - I bet the thing didn't even make 4psi of boost! OK, so it's not perfect but it would have "some" boost control - just questionable depending on how well the DP flange sealed against the turbine housing.
Still, whoever built this is a MORON!

BTW the wastegate looks like a Delta or some copy of one. (from the looks of the regulator).

I also love the absolute hack job of welding a cat-conveter heat sheild onto the down pipe as some sort of heat protection. Jesus - what a clusterf@$k!

Did you buy this car of Cardoc?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!