Hey guys,

Oil level was still at full when I got home. I added yet another quart but with no avail. I didn't really have time today but I do have some new information...

1. Sometimes it will idle *decently* but for the most part the car stumbles and dies. Example: Upon releasing the throttle when approaching a stop light the car will die or attempt to. The oil light will also illuminate briefly. Although if you rev the engine slightly it's fine, well with the exception of the noise and runing rough.

2. I also pulled codes. One bank was running lean, I forget which. Cylinders 3 and 4 had misfire conditions.

3. Attempted to pinpoint the noise with a electronic tracer ear, diffinitely coming from the lower portion of the engine. The noise sound something between connnecting rod and piston slap. My automotive instructor said he's heard the noise before.......right before it went.

So at the moment I'm thinking oil punmp, bearing, connecting rod at the least. Tomorrow I'm pulling the oil pan to have a look at the damage, take a look at the cylinders wall ect. I'll try to borrow a friends camera and update with pic for you guys.

-Thanks

1999 Mercury Mystique LS 3L Manual