Alright, I get the joy of paying off my car soon and a turbo is in my near future. My 2.5 seems to be holding up really well, no odd noises or smoking or anything, but it is 105K miles old. Same with the transmission. Now I have been trying to get bits and pieces here and there but I am having a hard time trying to decide what I need to do to get the horsepower I would like which is the 250-300 WHP range. I pretty much have three questions:

One: the two ADC kits are getting kind of pricy, but is it worth it/pretty cost effective. One of my [flamesuit] Honda [/flamesuit] friends that is actually quite smart when it comes to turbocharging an engine says that seems high, and to buy the headers and downpipe seperately, then find and purchase the rest elsewhere.

Two: what do I HAVE to do to my transmission and engine if anything to get it ready for that HP? I would like to leave everything in the car if possible but if something has to be done (new diff.), it has to be done.

Third: which ADC kit is better for that HP? I was paying attention to a N2O post not too far from this one and this is pretty much where the last conversation of the ADC turbo setups left off:

Originally posted by 99cougar:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
They have gone up in price, T28- $5,500, T3T4E- $6,000. Check arizonadynochip.com

The odd part about that is that the T28 costs twice what a T3/4 does???

i was thinkin the same thing lol. maybe the price is for the bigger injector/intercooler and stuff like that

Originally posted by 99cougar:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Is the T3/4 using the updated stage 3,4,5 system with water cooling and ball bearings?
They have retrofitted their later technology into new releases of their T3/4 turbos so they aren't too shabby. Maybe they are using a good one and of course the intercooler setup is probably worth a few hundred more, and then labor increases. The kit has been out like 3 years now.

Maybe not. Maybe they just want to make more money.

okay so maybe it is a new "higher quality" T3/T4. that would explain some of it, and i know the bigger intercooler costs more.

lol...maybe they are trying to jack up prices that way they don't have to sell anymore of them....j/k...please don't stop making them

Alex 00 T-Red/Tan SVTC #1964/2150 167 HP @6800 153 TQ @3000 Sold- 98 'Tour SE 24V 5-spd 149 HP @5900 148 LB FT @4300