Hi! I just bought myself a 1986 Contour GT(?) last night. Its 4 cylinder, 2.5 litre I think is what the garage told me today. Anyway, I had the gas door not opening thing, but between using the backup tab in the trunk to open it, and finding a kind service mechanic who fixed it for free for me, it's working beautifully now.

My problem is I have a CD player which I plug in using an cigarette lighter adapter. Except, my ciggie plugis too small for the adapters. I tried two of themand can't seem to ram it in there. Has nayone else had this problem?Is my car just weird, or is there a fix or smaller adapter that can be used?

I love the rado and tape deck, but I want my CDs!!

Aside from that I'm hoping I have none of the problems I have seen mentioned regarding trouble in wet and cold, it seems that goes more for the V6 engines, as I'm in Canada and it gets bloody cold here in the winter. We can get up to -30 at times which brings me to my other question. Has anyone had experience with the block heaters in these models and how do they work? I notice the coolant fluid seems to be to the left in a clear white container as opposed to in the Rad like I'm used to (I just came from a 1983 fairmont, so understand my confusion).

Another thing, I was told it came with tilt steering, but I'll be darned if I can find this anywhere. Am I just blind and can't seee the button for it,or was I simply just told wrong?

It doesn't have power windows, or power locks but it does have power mirrors. I found the hazard light button on the top of the steering wheel shaft, the cruise control buttons on the steering wheel, and I think I have figured out the air condidtiong and the heat. I'm not quite sure which button is for the rear window defrost though I thinkit may be one with an amber light to the right of the steering wheel.

Sorry for all the questions,I'm very new at this modern car thing.
If it rattles and shakes I can generally figure it out, if it runs smoothly I get confused.