Originally posted by slim_jimmy:
Having taken a recent look at some of the FAQs and mod instructions I have to say that they are
(a) either really confusing
(b) inadequate or
(c) just plain wrong.

Please provide examples.

Maybe you are referring to:
Duratec Maintenance?
Knauberizing?
98+ clear corners?
Hazy headlights?

If these step-by-step directions (many with pictures) are "really confusing", "inadequate", or "wrong", this is news to me.

Your alternatives are:
a) disregard the How-tos/FAQs and buy a Chilton's or Haynes manual and/or figure out how to do it yourself
b) use the "______________ Suggestion Box" and make suggestions for improvements
c) PM the moderator of the forum with improvements to the existing FAQ(s)

You obviously missed the point of this thread - it's not criticizing the new CEGers who take the proper approach that are being criticized. It's the ones who are asking "Where can I buy an SVT body kit?" and "What cat-back exhausts are available?". They don't read the sticky that says "***Read me first before posting***" and post Frequently Asked Questions in the wrong forums. There has been a mjor influx of these types of CEGers and those are the ones the discussion is about.

I do agree with some of your points, but point 3 is way off base - read the entire thread and know what you are talking about before spouting off, please.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq