Your point was that it was dangerous to run mixed pads. I showed you very clearly that this combination was fine. The HPS/HP+ combination might not be good on the track because the HPS would fade more, but less rear braking is not a dangerous situation. Also, he's not on the track. HPS will have less torque and tend to fade more than HP+, but they are still better than junk bads that go greasy after a few hard stops. I highly doubt they will fade noticeably at even the most brake-intensive autocrss.

So why are you insisting on getting in the last word?

This thread started with a question about noise, which was resolved by info from experts in both braking and autocross. A good question, and some solid facts: HP+ make noise. Don't worry.

But you ask if it's okay to run pads like this.

Kremit explains that he knows what he's doing, and it's okay.

But you have to tell him and Jim they are wrong. Why? Is it because your mad t!te drilled and slotted rotors are so hawt that you are the brake masta? Or because you Unlocked the Power?

So I set you straight. Moxnix, who's probably run more autocross events than anyone here, backs up Kremit and myself.

You aren't satisfied, because your immature little brain can't handle the fact that I'm telling you factual information, not marketing crap. You take my post and quote it, with a little comment after each quote, like that somehow PROVES that you're right.

Well now people are going to come here and read through all this crap before they realize that it's okay to run HP+ and HPS pads. They'll probably start another thread and ask again because you had to act like you know what you were talking about and mindlessly bash your head against the keyboard, resulting in the inane drivel I see before me.

This site is not about one-upmanship or petty know-it-alls. The fact is, there is no problem at all with running these pads. You are backpedaling and looking for loopholes in what I said, just to save face, so that your pathetic little ego can get a boost. Well I said it before, but maybe you didn't get it: You don't know jack about brakes. Suggesting that he use drilled rotors in the rear, for autocross, put the lid on that one. That is the worst tech I've ever seen passed off here. It's absolute rubbish. So how about you let the facts stand, so that people can learn the truth about brake pads. Go ask someone for a hug if you need a self-esteem boost that badly. You don't belong in the brake section of an online car forum if you're looking for Prozac.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results