My day at the state fair (after our [censored] awesome win against ou) began with a smoked turkey leg. My perennial favorite, it tastes like ham but so much juicier and better:

next, it was new (to me) deep-fried cheesecake. When my friend brought these over, I was like, wtf.. they look like deep-fried sticks of butter. They actually tasted pretty good.. like cheesecake filling with a crispy crackly outside:

next were deep-fried oreos sprinkled with powdered sugar and new to me deep-fried strawberries. I didn't know you could even deep-fry strawberries. They take hulled frozen berries, dip them in batter and fry them. A little bit of batter fills up the inside and stays unfried, so you get a crispy outside, sweet and tart berry and a gooey center:

by now, I'm starting to slow down. I think my blood was congealing from the grease shock. Nonetheless, we move on to the deep-fried twinkies:

and to cap our state fair foods tour, we end with deep-fried ice cream. It's a baseball-sized ball of deep-frozen cinnamon ice cream, breaded with oats or something, fried and served with whipped cream and cherries on top. It really didn't taste all that different from the standard ice cream with toppings:

we started at noon and ended at about 3:30. It's 11 PM right now and I'm still full. I'm going to go have a heart attack now.

TEXAS FIGHT!!!!!!

E0 SVT, lightly modded