OK, for those about to jump my sh** for making this post, please read first!

I know in the past there has been a lot of discussion on the topic in the past and how it won't work. Well, my mother recently picked up an '06 3L Escape and since my bro's '00 Contour was parked next to her Escape I did some comparing the engine bays in the driveway which got me thinking about this dreaded topic!
I also started doing some research on the blower system itself and how it mounts in the car.

One reason for it not working I have seen posted is in relation to the upper motor mount being in the way. I'm going to disagree with this one because the mounts look nearly identical between the Contour & Escape. Also the Kenne Bell Makes use of the upper mount for added support. (see pic)

Note its not mounted on top of the engine, but rather off to the side:

This brings up major reason #2 Hood clearance.
Personally with the introduction of the carbon fiber cowl hood I don't feel this to be as big of a deal as it is made out to be because you only need about 3" from the top of a 3L intake to the underside of the hood to clear the intake pipe and allow for engine movement. The only grey area is the actual SC outlet which could rub because its so far forward. (but thats easily solved - a la "power buldge")

Now obviously it won't work with a 2.5L upper intake, because it occupies a lot of the same realistate as the front half of the upper plenum, so a 3L intake would most certainly have to be used. This helps though because the blower itself is only about .5" taller then the 3L upper plenum and it allows it to be positioned more central on the engine. Piping to run an intercooler (not included with the kit) could get kind of complicated though.

All in all, I think its doable, but would require some minor hood modification to an existing cowl hood & a 3L intake.

Here are some additional pics i dug up showing an installed kit on an Escape with the additional of an intercooler.

I hope if nothing else hope this thread initiates some good debate and help people break the "it can't be done, no way, no how!" mentality.
-Mark

1999 Black-N-Tan SVT Contour #291 Check out CD338.com:: The Premier Ford Fusion Site!