I bought a Gentex auto dim mirror with compass and temperature readout off Ebay last night:
Gentex Mirror.

There are a few different types of Gentex mirrors:
  • Auto dim only
  • Auto dim with Compass only
  • Auto dim with Compass/Temperature (single line display)
  • Auto dim with Comp/Temp (dual line display)

I'm not going to be concerned with the others (Homelink, OnStar, Autolamp, etc) since they will probly need some other modules and stuff.

The Autodim and Compass only are the easiest to install. The Compass is integrated, so all you need to do for these is provide power.

The Temperature mirrors are tricky... a lot of the sellers assume that all of them have temp included. You need to see the buttons on the front to tell if it really does. If the buttons read "COMP" and "TEMP", it is a temperature mirror. If the buttons read "COMP" and "MIRROR", it is a compass-only. You need to be aware of this, b/c the sellers obviously don't know.

There are also 2 different temp/compass mirrors. The single line display and dual line display, with the dual being the newer setup. The single line one can fool you into thinking it is only a compass-only, but you need to see the buttons to be sure.

For the Temperature mirrors, you will need these parts off GM Parts Direct:
  • Temperature Sensor, $8.30, Part #15047946
  • Plug and 12" wiring for temp sensor, $10.50, Part #12101856

If you want to buy the mirror (w/compass&temp) new, it's here:
  • Mirror, $260.36, Part #15071186

So I think I got a deal on it, but there are better deals to be had.

There are a few places on Ebay selling the new kit for around $150 shipped, which is about $100 cheaper than the Gentex authorized dealer (Mito).

Gentex w/wiring kit, $138.94 shipped. This has all the parts/wiring/sensors you need for it to work.

There's also totally different ones on Ebay, the Donnelly, which uses the same temp sensor as the Gentex. I've never seen a Donnelly Compass/Temperature mirror factory installed, but Donnelly made the manual mirrors with maplights on a ton of GM vehicles. There's also a no-name one that has a UV meter with it, but I would be skeptical of the quality.

• Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V