fwiw a stock ls1 is NOT faster than an 01 cobra stock for stock it is purely a drivers race....my cousin had an '01 cobra a couple years ago(he now has an '04)and it consistantly ran 13.5's to 13.7's which is right on par with a stock ls1...it is pretty much a drivers race...let's not even get into his '04 which has run a best of 12.8 with only a k&n drop in and flowmasters on it...

the ls1 camaro's while yes they do have a great engine,besides that there is hardly anything so great about it...the looks are purely redneck nascar mullet styling...the interiors are complete garbage...the seats sit so low it feels like your dragging the ground,not to mention the large hump in the pass. floorboard....not that the stang has a huge trunk,but try putting ANYTHING in an f body trunk....honestly i see no comparison at all,and i guess neither does anyone else in america,since the camaro is no longer made and the mustang is still going strong...

though gm is known for putting great engines in subpar cars...and the ls1 camaro's are a shining example....a great motor will only get you so far....

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!