Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Lessee, for $12K you could get a fully restored 60's Nova SS and smoke the crap outta most of the road. I also like the F-Body Idea. The F-bodies always outclassed Mustangs. Another idea would be an older Corvette. you can usually get older C5s for around that price, or if you are lucky, a nice ZR-1 C4. I recently saw a '90 model for $11k. I personally would take a vette or a bird over a stang anyday. Oh and I don't know what you are talking about with the F-bodies. The ergonomics in them are not a problem with me, and I've worked on and rode in many. I regularly drive with my friend in his '92 Firebird drop top, and I have no problems whatsoever. Even head room and legroom with the top up aren't an issue, and I'm '6"3! Try out the interior yourself before drawing your conclusions.

Somebody give this guy a cluepon!! C5's going for $12-15k? ZR-1 Vette's aren't going for that cheap without a million miles. Comparing a 92 firebird convertable to an LS1 camaro/firebird? And by SVTCJ's response, it looks to me like he HAS driven quite a few of them to draw the conclusion about the ergonomics of the car. I'll agree, they aren't comfy at all inside. I'm 6'1" and I can't find a comfortable position for my legs in them.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq