I bought a used MSDS Y from Bob Birk. Thing arrived like one of those ACME boxes in the old Warner Bros. cartoons. Anyway, I had a short delay in getting the money order purchased and sent, and I told him as much. He said "no problem" and then he shipped the thing anyway, before I even had a chance to get the check in the mail, so the pipe and my check passed each other in the mail. And oh yeah, the part arrived well-packed and in the exact condition he described. Better, even.

Definitely A+ and a straight up guy, in my experience.

----------------------

On another note:

This is probably too petty to name names, so I won't, but I think it's instructive.

The "incident" was that the seller and I had made a deal on an item. Before we "shook" on it, I asked if it would be OK if I waited a couple of weeks so I could put it on the next months credit card bill. He said, "sure, no problem."

Two weeks later, as promised, I delivered the money via Paypal, only to have it returned with the note that he had sold the item out from under me without so much as a "how ya doin?"

Now, the good news is that he was honest with my money. The bad news is he didn't hold up his end of the bargain, and that's a breach of integrity (i.e., really not cool, in my world). His "word" means about nothing to me, now, even if I did get my money back.

I relate this story only as an example of what I consider bad behavior. If you are a seller, I think you need to be aware that there's more to a "good" sale than everyone walking away with the right amount of money. If I shake on a $20 deal with you, I expect to get $20 even if somebody else offers me $30 the next day.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998