I just got off the phone with my nearest Ford dealership. I was curious about how much the cost would run for a good old fashioned tune-up. Now, if I was driving a '98 Ford Contour, I would have to fork out $91.95. THe problem is, I drive a '98 Ford Contour SVT. Yep, you got it, $414.95. To most people, that's chump change. NO, IT'S NOT CHUMP CHANGE, THIS IS RIDICULOUS! Who in the hell has $414.95 to change 6 plugs and wires. So this is the part where everyone says, "Why don't you change them yourself?" I would love to, if I trusted myself to perform surgery on my own baby. I'm not a mechanic. In fact, the one person I DO trust to do something like this, had a heck of a time trying to tune-up my '95 Chrysler Cirrus for the same reason of having to take the intake manifold off and messing with all that hoopla. It took him almost a whole day so the BOTH of us agree we're not messing with this project. Not to mention, the dealer service guy said it wasn't a good idea to put any other type of plug or wire in this car unless it's ford plugs and wires due to the fact that the car won't run right. Now I went and bought some Autolite double-plats because they are supposed to be the best mapped out spark plug for the CSVT.

Does anybody else run these plugs and not have a problem?

'98 CSVT Black -AEM short-ram intake -Optimized TB -Optimized y-pipe -Magnaflow cat-back -B&M short-throw shifter -UD pulleys -Poly mount "It's quicker than it was stock!"