â??Just when I thought that I was outâ?¦ they pull me back inâ?

Well... itâ??s not that often I am totally surprised anymore. I received an email last night followed by a very surprising (and pleasant) telephone conversation.

Seems there is a lurker on this board, someone who, completely without my knowledge, has been following my posts with great interest. Been doing it a while to, probably since my visit to his home last year.

Bottom line, I no longer own a Contour or any Contour parts. I sold the whole lot, including the car, for a dollar (and some very serious promises concerning grades and so forth).

It looks like the first car on my new lift this fall actually will be a certain low mileage (22K); super clean 1996 Ford Contour with 2.5L and ATX. Somebody is going to get an intensive introduction to just about every aspect of automotive maintenance, repair and improvement!

Iâ??ll post some details of this, but here is a hint. Imagine being 16 years old with a fresh learnerâ??s permit, dreaming about that first car... and finding out online that your uncle is planning to give you a car! Then watch as this uncle basically gives away a big pile of really neat modification and performance parts for that same car! The horror of it all!

I frankly donâ??t know if I could have stayed quiet for as long as my nephew did! He was obviously hard at work learning everything he could about Ford Contours.

The whole dollar sale thing was fun while it lasted â??? and three CEGers for sure would agree with that!

Nephew, I know you are reading this. Never doubt my seriousness about grades and safe driving... I will see you later in VA!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles