Originally posted by JEDsContour:
I plan to have all the rest of the items sold by Friday next week (12 Aug 05). I will be putting out a bunch of classified ads starting next week. Eveything I have a buyer for I will ship all at once on Satuday, 13 Aug 05.

Oh Man, I am way off my schedule with this! Truth is these â??dollar day salesâ? take an awful lot of time to do properly, time thatâ??s hard for me to find recently.

If you are interested in this though, never fear. I am committed to leaving the hobby this way and it gives me a lot of pleasure to see these parts being used by true enthusiasts.

One thing is certain, I am not going to place the last 6 or 7 ads until I have time to deal with the PMâ??s I fear they will generate!

Iâ??m actually considering an alternative way of doing this: A lottery of sorts where each person enters with a list of the parts packages in the order that they would prefer winning, for example1 through 6 might be:

1. engine
2. exhaust
3. lowering
4. handling
5. steering
6. brakes

I would pick 6 winners randomly from the pool, filter out any blatant you-know-whats (I guess since I am getting respectable I shouldnâ??t say the word â??ass-clownâ? anymore), and then match person to package as best I can from the priority lists.

This would obviously take a hell of a lot less time and reduce the kind of subjective decision making I had to do with the first three sales.

Outstanding problems to this method are who gets to enter and how to determine the amount of tickets for each entry.

A potential solution is:
Each Person who enters receives one ticket.
Additional tickets will be awarded or can be â??purchasedâ? through CEG donations (obviously looking several weeks back).
Some fraction of the total tickets distributed this way is given to the moderators to distribute as they see fit (based on their knowledge of who contributes to CEG).

For example: If I have 200 entries and 20 additional tickets from CEG donations, I would take 20% of this and ask the moderators for names. This would result in a total of 264 tickets for the random 6 draws.

If I go this route, please donâ??t ask for ass-clown pre-screening! I you even suspect you have this problemâ?¦donâ??t enter the contest.

No timetable as yet.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles