Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I think he's a Software Developer.

God knows I have written a lot of software and it's the part of my work that is easiest to describe.

To be all dramatic, I am a physicist working in the field of what used to be call artificial intelligence. My training and background are in nuclear physics, but I have not done any practical work in that area since the 80s

The tools I work with are best described as evolutionary programming (genetic algorithms) guided by neural nets.

I am not building systems that are self-aware or any mystical crap like that. I am developing practical decision-making and optimization engines. Simply stated, I am making certain types of weapon systems smart enough that when activated, they kill what they are supposed to regardless of how far outside their design specifications the environment varies. They learn and they adapt â??? and they remember. The vault I was trapped in during Suniel's SVT auction was not protecting currency.

The fire control and maneuvering system I am now designing will use a modest number of parallel processing nodes (256) and will still be extremely smart â??? about as smart as a cockroach. For machine intelligence, this is extraordinary.

It will impress me greatly if someone here will post the number of US patents currently held by machine intelligences (or at least the corporation that owns the code).

The â??futureâ? is coming at us all much faster than anyone believes. Hang on for the ride.

I am a CIS major and have taken the AI classes...cool stuff, but program in Lisp is really really wierd and abstract. What type of language are you using to program in?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer