OK guys and gals here is the scoop on what's going on. The meet is in Des Moines, Iowa August 12-14.

Friday night August 12:
Meet and hang out anytime after 3 pm on Friday at my place:
6211 SE 4th St
Des Moines, IA 50315
Plan is to go shoot pool sometime around 8pm if there is enough interest at Big Dog Billiards- 2200 E Euclid Ave
Des Moines, IA 50317
Otherwise we will just hang out at our place, figure out something for dinner and drinks and have a good time.

Saturday August 13:
OK since things have changed we ARE NOT going to the drag races. The plan is to meet at my place whenever you get up in the morning and hang out, eat, drink, and be merry. We can arrange some side trips that day to the fair, mall, zoo, etc for whoever wants to go.

Sunday August 14:
Meet back at my place around 10-11AM and take a short cruise 45 min +/- to a picnic area with volleyball and playground for the kids. Grill out and hang out plus show off the cars. I'm working on getting reservations for a shelter. The shelter runs $50 so please chip in a few bucks if you attend. If everyone wants to provide their own drinks I can pick up the food if you can all chip some $ into the pot.

I figure we'll be done by 3 and everyone can head back at that time. I'll provide maps for the events scheduled.

Hotel Info
I haven't had much luck finding cheap hotel rooms due to the fair being in town, but here are a few:
Apple Tree Inn 515-961-0551 in Indianola about 15 minutes easy drive from my place $54-70 had 1 non-smoking and several smoking rooms left for that weekend.
Four Points Sheraton (airport) 515-287-6464 about 5 minutes from my place $70 & up (not sure of availability)
Motel 6 (airport) 515-287-6364 about 5 minutes from my place $40 +/- & up (not sure of availability)
Heartland Inn (airport) 515-256-0603 about 5 minutes from my place $70 & up (not sure of availability)
Bavarian Inn 515-265-5611 about 15 minutes from my place $70 & up with some availability.
American Inn and Suites 515-265-7511 about 15 minutes from my place $50 & up with some availability.

The airport area is closest to my place at 5-8 minutes easy drive if you want to try priceline or other search engines. The Bavarian and American are about 1/2 mile apart on the north side of town right off of Interstate 80 and several CEGers stayed at the American before Spring Zing and found it agreeable. With the fair in town I can't get any group rates or discounts or even a block of rooms so it's first come first serve. If you need/want a roomie please post in this thread. If you want to camp, I've got space in my yard, but I must warn you our shower facilities suck since the house is being remodeled.

Other than that, if you have any specific questions/comments/suggestions please post them here. Also, make one list of people attending (including family members) and copy and paste it to keep the list together.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Rick and Miranda

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale