The tranny filter is suppose to last the life of the car? So, that is why Ford put it in an odd place?? And, just changinging the fluid is suppose to help?? How stupid are the people at Ford these days?? Or is it too many drugs?? I'm serious. I can't believe they would want sane people to believe that crap. I've been a Ford person all my driving days (35 years) and they are just getting dumber and dumber. Sadly, we have to deal with this crap. Sorry for the rant on Ford, again. Well since I obviously can't afford to have the filter changed, I'll just change the fluid and hope for the best. At least now I know why the "maintenance schedule" recommends changing fluid every 30K. I will try again to replace the TSS myself. Altho, and make a note of this, the tranny is shifting much better since I did no more than remove the electrical plug and put it back on after decideing it would take more than the hoped for 15 minutes. It still bangs a bit when putting it in drive and going to 2nd when cold but after it warms up it shifts almost like new. Later I will see if I can make a mention of this in the ATX HOWTO. You know, "try this first" to see if it helps/works before spending the time/money to replace.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.