Ok, I have an '05 Volvo S40 and I want to upgrade the sound system in it. (Yes it is the T5 AWD with 6spd for you gearheads out there, and it's RED! )

So the problem is it uses a common display for the radio, dual climate, and user settings for everything in the car. I got it with just the in-dash CD thinking I would change it out later, not knowing that everything is integrated now.
It also has steering wheel radio controls that I like.
I decided I would keep the factory radio and just change out the amps and speakers since the factory system has everything I need but the appropriate volume and sound quality.
So I've been looking into the problem and I find out that factory radios these days all use DSP to protect their crappy speakers from distortion and that even if I change out the speakers and put in amps etc., the signal out of the deck still will have all of those changes. i.e. it won't be a flat signal which I will need as a starting point.

The only product I have found so far is the JL Audio cleansweep and it is going to be about $350. IT is a very nice product but I was wondering if anyone knows of any other solutions to the problem or comparable products?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black