Originally posted by todras:

Um to do brakes?! A socket set and a C clamp are needed. Well, you go ahead and sit somewhere else while everyone else learns how to save a lot of $ and get the satisfaction of doing things themselves. Another good CEG thread getting mucked up by someone talking out their other hole.

Thats the exact reason why you should not teach it. Just a few bolts and slap the pads in your done . Thats ignorance. There a huge liability with this (brakes being primarily what I was referring to). It can be the one step you leave out that could cause in accident or injury. Sure its bascily an easy process, it can go wrong quickly. Not trying to "muck" up the thread, just trying to save any future problems or hassle.

Someone mention Stazi, I beleive he is a engineer, or Rara a brake engineer I beleive . Plus the others. Afterall I said it was a good idea. For a quick lesson things that should be covered, I will help you as I am sure you never thought of this ,

-Pad thickness, when/when not to change
-Rotor thickness when/when not to machine or -replace, as well you can add how to use a Micrometer to check yourself
-Proper bleeding
-Suggested fluid replacement/flush by Ford(anyone know)
- Type of fluid to be used and what is acceptable(upgrades)
-Parking brake (minor)
-Describing a brake pull,pulsation, fade, and what causes them and how to fix
- Proper bedding/burnishing procedures, or explaining what that even is

Theres tons more. You may think I am getting carried away, but I look at this way. I figure the people that are going to attend this seminar are amatures in the car repair world and do not have much if any hands on expereince at all, because brakes are usualy the first thing a person learns how to do.

Just trying to look out for everyones best intrest. Brakes are manily what I was referrring to, some of the others repairs are not a big deal to do a lesson on.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net