Originally posted by PDXSVT:

Marty/groovenerd is almost always up for one along with likely knowing dates for track days at Portland's 1.9 mile race course...

Funny you should mention that! I was about to post the dates of JUNE 2-3 for a possible meet, as that is the next Cascade Sports Car Club Driver's School/Track Day! W00t! A mere $149 gets you a night of classroom instruction and a day at the track the next day. You'll learn car-handling skills, how well your car handles and what you and it can do in a safe -- and FUN -- environment. I think a friend of mine is going that day with her '05 Accord, and if so, I'm planning on going as well. If some of y'all come, I'll go regardless of whether or not my friend makes it to that one.

...gas pedal on the floor down the front straight in fourth gear. GO! GO! GO! now just under redline - MAN these cars sound SWEET when they're wound-up! okay - turn coming - no time for fifth. heel-and-toe get ready - NOW! on the brakes! blip gas - downshift! threshold braking - steady wheel. blip again and into second. ABS kicks in for a split-second. steer right and ease off brakes. tires squealing on the edge of adhesion. slight throttle input. steady. more throttle and slight straightening of steering wheel. steady. a little more throttle. another right-hander. ease up on the throttle and steer right with a touch of left-foot braking to bring the rear of the car around. tires emit another joyful cry. slowly back on the gas and gently unwind the steering wheel. car's about straight - NOW! HARD on the throttle! GO! GO! GO!...

Palms sweaty yet?

Sooo, any takers? C'mon... You KNOW you WANT to! Your KNOW your car wants to go too.

Marty

98 SVT, Black, No. 786, May 7, 1997. K&N, MSDS, Xcal2, Tint, Antennas, Big Gulp(R)-Sized Cupholder, Rear Dome Lt., Koni/Eibach, DMD, Pre-98 Sails, Brake Cooling Deflectors, Sidemarkers, Etc. 147K+ Miles "Get the Door - It's GrooveNerd!"