Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
it its like my problem, its not that the nut won't spin, its that the nut spins with the whole shaft too. Since both parts are spinning the nut doesnt come off the shaft, and the top plate cant' be changed.

I noticed the shaft is a torx. So I could theoretically put a torx bit in the shaft, then use an open end wrench to get the nut off, theoretically of course.

Ah, you mean the book method. On Koni's, there's another hex surface to hold onto with a small wrench while you loosen the retaining nut.

On my car, the hex cap of the Koni was recessed slightly in the nut, so you could not grab it with a small wrench or needle nose pliers or nuttin'. I just put my weight on the fender to compress the fresh new strut mount a bit, this eased the tension the nut had on the threads of the strut shaft & I was able to spin the nut without the problem of the shaft spinning with it.

I am having the same problem with my koni struts and camber kit. I am using the stock plates with the rubber removed and I am not able to tighten them enough to clear the hex cap needed to hold the strut while loosening the nut. I am not even sure I will be able to use the upgraded plates. How tight do these have to be. I just tightened it untill the strut started spinning. is that tight enough or will my alignment be thrown off if I hit a bump or something.

Originally posted by Who the F are You?:
does your family tree not have any branches on it?

99SVT 235hp @ 6550rpm 212tq @ 5350rpm