Originally posted by warmonger:

Well let me think....

$650 for coated mild steel that always corrodes and requires yearly maintenance with exhaust paint coatings (like thermotec)
OR:

$499 or less for stainless that appears to be decent grade and gauge.

MIL eliminators can be built for $1.50 if you just pull your lower O2 sensor and solder them in. I did my last couple of sets like that and I've never had a problem. THe O2 sensor wires are a little hard to solder so use the silver/solder and get it really hot. Then use some heat shrink tubing and you're good.

Gaskets are a waste unless your stock gaskets are no good or if your headers are not fitting. I've gone back to stock gaskets every time since they are double stainless steel and they don't leak. Your choice here but I think that anywhere from a $150 to $200 savings if not more is worth these areas that lack and if you take into account the corrosion resistance of stainless then ???????????

Someone with sense. How -to on MIL's. Weapon R's can be found on ebay for $375 w/ shipping. Also the Y-pipe doesn't have the nasty bend MSDS does. Really how much are 2 exhaust manifold gaskets? If you can get someone to move the EGR port you'll save some good $. Oh yea & sell the Y-pipe to someone and save even more. You could optimize your stock one. I would keep it but shows how cheap you could go.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me