Originally posted by DemonSVT:
I'd rather have coated steel then uncoated 304 SS. Every day of the week! Period.
Uncoated SS is horrible for heat retention and bleeds heat badly to the surrounding area. The more exhaust heat lost the worse the performance and the more heat introduced to the engine, oil pan, and under hood the worse every thing else is.

You can't wrap cheap SS because it will crack. I suppose you could send it in for Jet-hot coating. Then that seriously cuts into it's price advantage everyone harps about.

This is a classic example of you get what you pay for. If you want to save a little money and buy this blatant knock off design then at least get them coated. You'd be very foolish not to.

Does anyone truelly know if they are 304 SS ....how do we not know they aren't 409 SS? Stazi have you miked up the wall thickness and compared them to MSDS? That will give you the all telling truth. Personally those headers still look like sh!t to me. The welds are wire welded and look like crap! The fact that they didn't even TIG them tells me its really crappy SS. Weapon crap R still needs to get a clue "revised" or not.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo