I still have a few questions.

I am still unsure as to whether or not the mounting brackets are different in the various blocks and if the transmission, exhaust, etc. needs to be modified to fit. Also, will the Mazda duratecs fit the Contour? If anyone has a list, or could point me to one, of compatible 3.0L engines for my car, it would be greatly appreciated.

To give a little background, I have a 95 Contour LX. It's the V6 with the ATX and it's completely stock. I know it sounds lame, but I don't have the tools, nor the space to work, so I'm just looking at doing something as quickly, easily, and as economicaly as possible. I would rather do the work myself, but that's not exactly an option.

My car decided to blow the head gaskets and crack the heads after only 62k miles. When I took it in to the mechanic, I thought it was just a faulty thermostat, but it turned out to be a little more than that. Needless to say, I was thrilled. I don't know what else is damaged, because I wouldn't let the mechanic get that far, but I figured a complete engine swap would be the easiest route to go. If the block is cracked and the pistons are scorched, I'd have to do that anyway.

I've been thinking about doing a 3.0L swap for some time now and take this as the oppertune time to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Look at me when I'm talking to you. DON'T LOOK AT ME!