I'm getting my parents 98 Contour for $2k it has the 2.5L V6 with the automatic trans and it only has 78k on it. The car has been very well maintained and I know this because I've changed the oil and done other regular maintance on it for them. When I didn't take care of this my dad had it done at the local Ford dealership.

Now to the real question. I can't settle for just moderate performance. I've purchased an SVT that has a blown engine. From what I understood the only thing damaged on the engine is the internals (piston, crank). As far as the rest of the car goes the seats are missing as well as the radio, but other then that everything is there.

What do I need to pull of this car to make the one I have as much of an SVT as possible. Obviously the body panels, but I guess I'm more concerned with the engine. What differs between the SVT 2.5L and the regular 2.5L engine? Is it just the intake and heads? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp