Originally posted by 98_HO_Contour:
Originally posted by Swazo:
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Originally posted by theTK:
I agree with the majority of the consumers on here in saying that it needs a redesign. As a fabricator myself, I would never buy anything that completely disagrees so much with the factory body lines.

Subtlety and flow are an easily violated rule in visual art. Now you the picture of the M3 is constantly being reposted, but this prototype is a near miss.

What makes the trunk lid on the BMW so visually appealing is that the gradual sloping ducktail gracefully peaks slightly higher than the height of the rest of the trunk. It doesn't look like a 2ft. tall, abrupt launch ramp.

Also, from the rear view, it matches the slope of the rear fenders and taillights. Where as your prototype creates an entirely new arch.

Whoever is producing this is a business trying to design a product for mass appeal. So far the attitude has been, screw the customer, it looks better in person. Why the reluctance to make changes and make the trunk more subtle? There would be MANY more interested buyers, including myself.

Another product added to the aftermarket car industry that looks tacked on as a design after-thought. Bravo.

You put it perfectly

Agreed, I've been feeling the same way.

Couldn't have said it better

Me three!

I would also suggest they eliminate the stupid center reflector while there at it.

That way it allows pre98's to buy one without haveing to fish for a relfector. Plus the reflector is fugly on top of the height of it.

These guys need to go take some marketing classes!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!