Originally posted by parkedcar:
Originally posted by scottd60:
"if it's anything like the CF1 cowl hood it will be awesome". Well, apparently you don't have one or haven't looked at one very closely I do have one and in general I like it (from a distance and in pic's) but if I had to buy it over again I probably wouldn't. The fit is poor and the finish and overall quality is average at best. I would consider my hood a "BLEM" but it was not sold to me that way�I paid full price.

I feel the same way about the quality of my hood. I saw their ebay auction for "grade b" hoods. Mine has all the same defects but was told this is all normal. I recieved $100 back for a bad latch but still have the bubbles, and skewing.
But at the same time no one else is making a hood like that.

My cowl hood has a crooked latch, bubbles, blemish the size of a big finger print in the clear, strange lines, skewed CF, unfinished edges and is under size by about 1" both front to back and side to side as well. I did not get anything back and also was told all of this was normal

Plus my car it the one in their pictures on both eBay and on their site selling these hoods

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew