Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Did you ever think about cutting the birdbath and making the hood functional!? That is what a few MI guys did.

Nope...wrong location unless you like water puddling up all around you LIM and injectors, not me. It should have been forward more like between the radiator support and the IMRC cover to let exhaust heat escape. Plus any water would just run down between the motor and radiator and not in the top of the motor. Now it just fills up with water and looks stupid...but hey the birds seem to like it

Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Thats just it...a cowl hood should be functional with the cowl..that's the whole point! If the rear is open (and I don't know on the contour cowl hoods if it is or not) then you don't need the 'bird bath'...plus the 'bird bath' takes away from the hood itself.

I have to agree with Scotty to the MF'ing D about the trunk...the wing just does not flow with the lines of the car. If you have Kaotic or whatever body kit, then maybe it would work, but with the stock lines...no. don't try to make a new car with smooth lines into an old school boxy type car..ain't gonna work.
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Did you ever think about cutting the birdbath and making the hood functional!? That is what a few MI guys did.

The Cowl is open and works great at getting the hot air out. Still not what a cowl hood is supposed to do though...you know suck cool fresh air in at the low pressure area at the base of the windsheild/cowl area and channel it to a big fat air cleaner

Oh yeah...it makes my intake sound real cool too

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew