To all the patient people who have been wanting a carbon fiber trunk. It's official, the buy is open now. It's not really a group buy, but the basic question that's on everyones minds is HOW MUCH???

$475 US for the trunk. This price is for local pickup, which is welcome, but by appointment only.

$600 US for those that need it shipped. That price is for the lower 48 states only. Canada, Hawaii, Alaska and out of country will need to call for shipping costs.

It can be done in fiberglass, 525 shipped, but I forgot to ask how much for pick-up.

As for the trunk, it's based on the 98+ trunk lid (sorry to the guys that wanted a 95-97), but here's the best part... it has a molded-in lip spoiler, similiar to the BMW M3 CSL (although steeper in angle and taller) or a 1973 Porsche 911 RS with the "ducktail" spoiler. It will have the center reflector as well. I don't have pictures of the finished product, that will be in a couple of weeks, but the modified trunk pictures I do have, and I'm expecting the pictures of the trunk right before it goes into the mold process.

All orders are to be placed with Carbon Fiber One. Please tell them you're purchasing the Contour carbon fiber trunk lid. Thanks to Bill and Jacob for designing and okaying this without any money up front from any Contour people. The phone number is (562) 404-9877.

Last edited by dion; 03/09/05 07:26 AM.

dion 98 SVT, 200 whp/190 lb. ft tq (tuned by ADC), 3.0, P&P heads w/2.5L valves, optimized TB, MSDS, SCA 2.5" catback, SHOshop UIM/LIM, underdrive pulley set, TD's, Koni/H&R, BAER/TCE, Progress, CF1 products