Originally posted by Mkingracing:
Originally posted by Kokopellian:
I have the Sho-shop Y. I take it that these MSDS headers won't work with it will they?

The sho shop will work with these headers. Sho shop even recomends it on there site!!

OK now msds won't warranty the headers if you use any other y-pipe. Well because the y-pipe like the bat-pipe and sho shop don't use the stock bolt attachment that is in back of the engine. So it can't pivot off the engine when the engine is flexing back and forth. You need this pivot becuase it can cause stress to the engine headers causing them to slowly lossen or even crack!!

OK, but the stock Y wouldn't have this pivot problem, and their warranty says nothing of it.

Anyway, I'm looking for an improvement to my stock, crush-bent, POS Y-pipe, but I'm trying to stay "in class" for SCCA Solo II STS. (Can't use the headers.)

So, if anyone wants to sell an unwanted MSDS Y, or already optimized stock Y, I'm very interested.

I know what you're paying for the MSDS Y, though, so don't expect $100 for it. For that, I can optimize my own. Don't be ridiculous, people.

And I've no interest in that SHO-shop POS. Sorry. Not only does it perform worse than an optimized Y, but it's illegal for my class.

PM me.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998