Below is Rick's latest correspondence.

I read through the thread. If the guys that are on the fence would be willing to up a $40 non-refundable deposit, I think that gets over 10 people interested in the sub-frame. That being said, I can offer the sub-frame for $250.00 for anything over 10. I know it isn�t much of a break from the 5-10 piece price. At $250.00 I am really not making much on the part, but I appreciate all of the exposure we have had on the Contour site. The price also will include the bolts and washers to mount the sway bar to the sub-frame, which I had erroneously excluded before.

In all honesty, I had no idea how much of a following the Contour had. I worked on this program when the car was being developed and am glad to see the enthusiasm for it. Again, any of these parts would cross over to the Cougar.

It would probably take me 2-3 weeks to get all of the sub-frames together. A week to get the sub-frames, and some time to modify them all. The thread was correct; we do remove the factory sub-frame mounts and mount our own. I will email you when I post the pictures on our site.

Regards, Rick

I'm ready to make this happen, but only one or two people have sent me a PM indicating when they want to proceed. Since I'm buying (2) sub-frames we only need (4) more people to get the $255 price and (8) more to get the $250 price. Also, please notice Rick IS including the sway bar mounting hardware.

The Original Owner of 1998 SVT Contour #3384 of 6535, Toreador Red/Midnight Blue, Assembled September 3rd, 1997 Also the Original Owner of a 1998.5 Contour SE Sport V6 5-speed, Vibrant White/Greystone Sport Cloth, Assembled August 6th, 1998