Mustang Dyno

The one with the twin rolers, we put the car on set up all the specs: HP @ 50MPH, Weight, Displacement, Cylendars, set up the RPM pickup on CYL 2 Wire from coil, strapper her down and did a warmup run.

The result:

106.5HP @ 5250
123.0 LB-FT @ 4250

WTF

what did we do wrong

weight was 3375 LBS
HP @ 50 Was 10.5

The one thing i did notice was the acceleration was slower on the dyno then on the road almost like i was driving with my e-brake on.

So was the resitance too high?
could the dyno be out?
could the operator be DEFICIENT?

There is nothing wrong with my car at all it drives like a champ there is no CEL's, no leaks, nothing is binding up, there is not a problem with it.

I beat my friend in his Cavalier with a CAI, Motor mounts and various suspension parts, and his dyno came out at about 134 hp and 140 ft-lbs so obviously the numbers are wrong.

all pulls were run in 4th. The 1/4 mile run which was 17.37 @ 80.7 (check my signiture for the specs) Seems slow, am i wrong? It's not that i want huge power numbers i just wanted to see what it had at the wheels

WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX IT.

Sorry for the big POST

Eddie

1995 Mystique, 2.5 V6, MTX, 2.5 inch Exhaust tubing, Vibrant Highflow CAT, Vibrant 2.5 Resonator, Magnaflow Muffler, SVT cams, Ebay Intake *YAWN*, HELLA 550's. FINAL LAP Is my New Best Friend!