I have noticed lately that there are many different topics of porting and polishing heads floating around so I thought I would throw together a quick FAQ of what I have learned and hope that it will add value to those interested in this procedure. I tried to keep it very generic, non-technical, and objective as possible. All the information was from our experimentation of our R&D sets as well as cutting of over 40 sets of duratec heads now. Please comment as appropriate.

Port and Polish Heads (PnPheads) FAQ

What is PnP heads?
It is a machining process of cylinder heads on vehicles where port shape is optimized to the engine configurations above and beyond the manufacturing process.

Why don�t PnPheads come on factory cars?
They skip this step because of cost reasons due to the labor intense process

How do you PnPheads?
This is a common misunderstanding, most people think that gasket matching the intake and exhaust ports then polishing the runners to a mirror finish is the way to PnPheads, this is incorrect. While some gains may be achieved in some instances, heads usually suffer from this process especially matching the exhaust ports where testing has indicated that too large an exhaust port can cause t

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.