Originally posted by Andy W.:
Originally posted by Mad_Medeiros:
I hate fwd in snow, thats my preferance..... I crashed my old golf into MANY snow banks a couple years ago because of DAMN oversteer! where I would just go straigt into the snow bank.. or down an incline..

when I had my 240 RWD... nissan, I felt much safer in the snow, even tough thats probably not true to people who can't drive!

lol its just different, with my 240, I could always AIM where I want to go.. pop the back end out and always keep her steady... I do admit RWD was more fun in the snow to!

FWD
my mx-3 sucks.

Oversteer with FWD! LOL! That takes talent. You really don't know what you are tlakin about you. Whipping the rear out is oversteer.

-Andy

Why don't you cool down for a second bub. It's quite easy to skid out of control in a front-drive car. Just because it's front-drive doesn't meant it's protected from oversteer one bit. I have kicked out the rear in the Taurus before going around turns in the rain. The problem is when you hit the brakes. I shouldn't hit the brakes while turning? Tell that to the millions of idiots out there.

The guys who are talking about throttle control have this to say. Your tires can do one of 3 things, right? Steer, accelerate, brake. What happens when you ask your two front tires to speed up? Well they can't steer anymore. In a rear-driver, you can accelerate AND steer. Front-wheel drive cuts your options down. Yes, it gets better traction, but when the situation spins out of control, (Especially in rain...we don't have snow down here, but I've driven it) good luck getting it back under control in a front-driver. Any true car enthusiast will tell you that RWD is superior to FWD.

Why don't you guys take better care of your tires if you fear the snow. Your tires are the most important part of your car. I can't stand seeing $40K+ sports cars with balding tires. You're better off in a POS 80's rusted away American boat with brand new Yoko's than one of those. Most people that complain about this or that in the snow are people who do not take care of their tires. And that is sad. Very sad. I hope you're not next to me when your tires decide to stop gripping.

2000 Contour SE