Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Well the "literature" says more extrude honing on the UIM and more aggressive extrude honing on both the primary and secondary head ports. (verses just "normal" EH on the secondary ports)

That is what I thought too. I wish I knew the answer. But judging from the look of the inner walls on the UIM, it does not "appear" to have been EH. Operative word here is definately appear. This could be very misleading due to the amount of buildup inside the runners.

The plan: take it off again (ran out of daylight to do a thorough cleaning) and really spend some time on smoothing and port matching the UIM to the LIM as best as possible.

On another note, does it seem odd to have such large openings on the LIM. It's a nice problem to have of course, but I wonder how much turbulence is actually being generated by the difference of the UIM vs. LIM.

Thoughts?

Just realized something, could the literature referring to dual EH on the primary and secondary head ports be where the confusion is? Cold some of us be confusing dual EH of the UIM and LIM with DH of the primary and secondary head ports? They are different as the UIM and LIM are not actually part of the heads but the intake itself.

Last edited by Bike2112; 09/03/04 07:42 PM.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?