Alright me and my friend started removing the head, not knowing what we were doing but removing anything that we thought was connected to the head...pretty easy right?

well I took some pics of all that we did for the day, about an hour to 2 hours work. And I have some questions...

first one...what do I do about the timing belt and cam gears? does the belt just need to be removed and cam gears stay in place? I'm assuming thats the case but when putting it back on, I don't know if anything is gonna be screwed up or off or whatever.

ok moving on, while taking off the exhaust manifold we encountered this problem. Some of the nuts would come off but the bolt would be stuck in place. Whats the deal here? A couple of the nuts & bolts would come out all the way but alot of them would not. Also if you can see the snake looking hose on the right side, its blocking one of the bolts holding in the exhaust manifold, that thing has little give in it and I can't get to the bolt with it in the way, what to do?

Ok now to the 3rd picture, it looks like I need some type of allen-wrench like tool to remove those two bolts in the middle...anybody know what size those are? I didn't have anything before to remove them. Also it appears that there are bolts underneath the cams, do those need to be removed? If so they look like a [censored] to reach.

Ok on this one when I removed the fuel rail and injectors...we had a problem with the bottom hose and plastic piece (not the yellow one) getting in the way so we tried to get it at an angle and some black plastic piece flew off (which is still MIA)...anyway now the plastic part is kinda wobbley. Should it be that way til the injectors and valve cover go back on or does it need to be glued in place?

Alright here I believe we have everything taken off to separate the intake manifold from the head except like 3 allen wrench like bolts (I have no clue what they're called)...is there anything else holding it down? And I can leave the throttle body attached to the intake manifold correct?

Here is just a wider picture of the bolts in question.

And here is an overall shot of our progress for the day, it should be minus the intake manifold and exhaust manifold but stupid bolts and tools we didn't have held us up.

And thats it I know this was a long post but just remember I'm a newb without a manual at the current moment and any help is good help. So please don't skip the post because of its length, I could really use the info.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?