Hey guys, thought you'd all like to know how the tour did on an open track event. We ran at Mid America Motorloex which is a 2.25 mile road course by Omaha, Nebraska.

In the rain I had a pretty good advantage on Saturday and ran the second quickest lap of anyone there on some skinny little 215/50/17 Firehawk SZ50EP's. An 03 cobra on v700's with tread had me by about .375 seconds on an overall of 2:29.xxx lap time. We both outrun everyone including some instructors by about 3 seconds to the next closest set of times.

Once it dried out I put on my race tires and ended up besting the same car by .2xx seconds in the dry. Best lap all day was turned by an S2000. He ran 1:47 in the dry and I ran a 1:52 as my best. In the dry I still ran better than about 80-90% of the cars for overall lap times and only got 2 laps in on my race tires before going off track and having to be pushed out of the mud so I was done for the day.

Sunday we didn't run with timers but I know I picked up some time as well as everyone else. The cobra would barely pull me in the straights but I could run him down a little in the corners. Unfortunately on my second run I had a small electrical fire in the trunk so I called it a day rather than patch it back together and risk it happening again. Other than that the car performed flawlessly except for some very high oil temps. Anyone ever seen a 270 oil temp in a contour!

Overall with similar experienced drivers I think the car would edge out the cobra on this particular course which is pretty high speed. The front straight I was topping out about 122 at the braking zone. Fastest I heard of this weekend was only 125 from a full race prep car.

The TCE brakes with race compound pads were simply awesome. First run in the dry I had to stiffen up my front struts as I was actually lifting the rear and causing it to hop.

Thoughts/comments?

Thanks,
Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale