I'm going to agree with EVERYONE here, stay away from a V6. I drove a friend's 2001 Mustang coupe V6, and her 2002 Mustang Convertible V6 many times. The first time I drove the coupe, I was sorely dissappointed. I expected the car to have better off the line acceleration than it actually did. But my real dissappointment was the automatic trans in both cars. The auto tranny on her's got really "confused" on which gear to pick in certain situations, which hampered what was already a underpowered engine for that particular car.

Another compelling reason shy away from most any Ford with a 3.8L V6 is the little "head gasket" problem Ford has had with this engine for years. Basically, the head gasket fails, which leaks coolant into your oil. The oil then is not able to lubricate your engine parts properly. Eventually, you notice severly reduced performance, take it to the dealer, and they tell you you need a new engine. That's if your lucky. If you're not lucky one day while driving your engine goes bye-bye.