Advantages would be greatly improved rear suspension control and grip. Suspension members should operate in a single plane for best results. Both lateral rear suspension arms are prone to twist-I boxed the forward control arms on my car and it made a very noticeable improvement to the handling and ride. Got sick and tired of replacing the toe control arms when the bushings failed or some dope lifted my car up via the toe control arms and bent them.

Cost-wise we're looking at something like $125-135 for the double poly bushed type and $170-200 for the poly/spherical rod end type. The large variance in the second design is dependent on the type of rod end we supply (econo, w/ grease fitting, 2 piece, 3 piece or teflon lined). They will be offered at some kind of "special introductory" price with minimum quantities.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.