Print Thread
#996347 07/05/04 04:41 AM
Z
ZetaEx Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
Has anyone succesefully relocated their cruise control to any other location than the steering wheel? If so, can you post pics?

I want to get a racing wheel but dont want to simply waste my Cruise Control. Its great for my LONG trips from San Diego to San Fran!

ATX 1998 Myst, Sound System DONE, 16" Mille Miglia 11-2 DONE, Air Ride+Lowered+Drilled Rotors http://www.geocities.com/zlujan/night_vision.html(Premature)
#996348 07/05/04 12:28 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
for a while i was contemplating putting it where the janky cup holder was (where i had an aluminum switch panel installed...thanks to BigC), but sold the car before I was able to do the project.

~Andrew

2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition 20 valves of fury
#996349 07/09/04 02:19 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by LittleMystique:
Has anyone succesefully relocated their cruise control to any other location than the steering wheel? If so, can you post pics?

I want to get a racing wheel but dont want to simply waste my Cruise Control. Its great for my LONG trips from San Diego to San Fran!

There are aftermarket cruise-control units that can be "flush" mounted. If you want I can check with someone I know who has one installed.

What about the airbag? I wouldn't think a true racing wheel would make any provision for one but you'll certainly need one if you want to drive "from San Diego to San Fran", unless you've got a "Get Out of Jail Free" card from CHP

Regards, Alan Coles

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly
#996350 07/14/04 04:51 PM
Z
ZetaEx Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Z
lol... I dont think the missing air bag is going to be a problem. I bought the car with a "salvage" lease. The car was in a minor fender bender on the right side and the air bags blew out. The car was restored, but the air bags were not reinstalled. So as it stands, the only thing Im losing with a new wheel is the cruise.

So as for the other question. Can you please check with your friend about the unit. Good questions would be, "feasability of project". Is it a do it yourself or difficult custom job? What unit did he/she install and where did they get it? What other things did they consider? Also, can you get a few pics? One last question I throw out...

Is now a good time to get a "technicians manual" or are thsoe things really just a waste of like a 100 bucks.

Thanks again for the help

ATX 1998 Myst, Sound System DONE, 16" Mille Miglia 11-2 DONE, Air Ride+Lowered+Drilled Rotors http://www.geocities.com/zlujan/night_vision.html(Premature)
#996351 07/15/04 04:33 AM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
what is the law say about air bags anyway. i know plenty of people change steering wheels on there cars. i know you can get a ticket for not having a seat belt but what about air bag. i know they where required for new cars after 91 or 92. i had a friend with a mustang that they total lossed just because of the airbag and all it needed was a few piecesin the front. i think it was a 92 or 93.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
#996352 07/16/04 03:09 PM
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by LittleMystique:
lol... I dont think the missing air bag is going to be a problem. I bought the car with a "salvage" lease. The car was in a minor fender bender on the right side and the air bags blew out. The car was restored, but the air bags were not reinstalled. So as it stands, the only thing Im losing with a new wheel is the cruise.

So as for the other question. Can you please check with your friend about the unit. Good questions would be, "feasability of project". Is it a do it yourself or difficult custom job? What unit did he/she install and where did they get it? What other things did they consider? Also, can you get a few pics? One last question I throw out...

Is now a good time to get a "technicians manual" or are thsoe things really just a waste of like a 100 bucks.

Thanks again for the help

As Samuel mentioned you should check your local laws to make sure it's OK (perhaps you already have). It would be a shame to do all the work and have to un-do it.

I'll check this weekend and try to get a photo, etc.

I'd get the CD based manual first. I know todras@yahoo.com on the list here and a few others sell them under $10.

Regards, Alan

03 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 98 Mystique 2.5 MTX 99 SVT - Inheriting Lil Monster's parts 98 SVT - Lil Monster (RIP) 183.7 whp Quaife/Fidanza/UR UD Clutch AFE/MSDS/SHO-Y/Bassani/MagnaCore GC/Koni/22mmR/EndLinks/ES/ KVR Slotted/1144's/SS Lines/MASItaly

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard