Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Hey Dude, I've always been nice to you. Since you're gonna throw away the K&N, can I have it???

I scrapped a near new set of Michelin tires when I got my Contour. Those tires really sucked. So our thinking is typically similar, although I'm not as, um.... enthusiastic about my selectiveness when it comes to some non-critical equipment.

Wadda-ya say??

Sorry, can't do that; don't have the filter...you see, I tossed it right in the dumpster, long ago.

2 points!!!

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Actually. He has a very DEFINATE vision of what his car should be like. I, for one, would like to see it when he is finally done & happy with the results.

I question whether or not he really even has one...empty profile, no pic's, no location, nothing just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. Now he could be a spoiled little brat that has more money then brains but if that was the case I'd think he would choose a different car. Or maybe he is somebody that got banned a while back and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
So, you threw away a $1000?
Originally posted by MeanGreen2:
Originally posted by hetfield:
I'm curious to know what about the K&N made you throw it in the trash?

The same reason for why I threw away my Sho-Shop Y-Pipe, my Bassani Cat-Back, sent the Borla Cat-Back back, tossed noisy tires that still had 50% of their tread left, etc...just wasn't happy with it; the thin foam gasket/padding stuff was installed sloppy, so I just didn't quite trust its poor execution.

I forgot about the Superchip that got s-canned.

M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by scottd60:
Actually. He has a very DEFINATE vision of what his car should be like. I, for one, would like to see it when he is finally done & happy with the results.

I question whether or not he really even has one...empty profile, no pic's, no location, nothing just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. Now he could be a spoiled little brat that has more money then brains but if that was the case I'd think he would choose a different car. Or maybe he is somebody that got banned a while back and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

You're the one that cries even more than SVTpete does...yes?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
... just a lot of talk and a lot of proven quality parts supposedly thrown in the trash I would believe it only if I saw it in person and he could prove it was his car. ... and is just here to stir up things making these ridiculous claims and comments. Funny how he promotes everything that gets listed as no-good or useless for our cars and trashes everything that has been proven to be superior for our cars

Exhaust sound is kinda a subjective issue, and sometimes the systems that get sent out don't quite fit. That is what he's usually picky about. Like with the K&N. He never said it didn't perform well, he simply wasn't happy with the level of construction quality. For ten times the price of a stupid STP panel filter, he expects near perfect construction - I can't fault him for that.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Hey Dude, I've always been nice to you. Since you're gonna throw away the K&N, can I have it???

I scrapped a near new set of Michelin tires when I got my Contour. Those tires really sucked. So our thinking is typically similar, although I'm not as, um.... enthusiastic about my selectiveness when it comes to some non-critical equipment.

Wadda-ya say??

Sorry, can't do that; don't have the filter...you see, I tossed it right in the dumpster, long ago.

2 points!!!

Ya, I know. I remember the post. I was just harking back to the days when guys were lining up to go through your trash!!

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

No tears for you here pal...just laughs at your stupidity

I'll use Pete's line "go play in the traffic kid"

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I wasn't confused about what "On Order" means. Somehow I scammed my way into getting three college degrees, raising two kids and passing a couple of bar exams. (The Washington one was fun 'cause it was 100% essay. Try it for yuks.) So I can read a little bit. Maybe.

I guess what I'm really confused about, and what your reply didn't clear up for me, was why YOU would WANT to advertise that YOU believed in Fram's product so much that you would advertise it for Fram, when you had yet to even use it. It's like advertising that you're gullible. OK, you're proud of your purchase, fine, but you're trying TOO hard. Like covering your daily driver with race parts stickers to impress people.

I'm not crunching you for your passion per se or your particularity about your car, but more for your over-eagerness that seems to contradict your rationality and thus undermines the credibility of your endorsement. You've set yourself up to look foolish. I don't know you, so I'm confused why you'd do THAT.

First the ad in your sig, and now to do a separate posting, dedicated exclusively to further announcing that you had fully bought Fram's advertising, for those of us that had not been paying attention otherwise? I hope you're happy with your purchase and that it works well, but good luck with dealing with advertising claims in the future.

Care to buy some 2004 World Series tickets? Tampa Bay vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates. They've both been hot lately, so here's your chance to beat the scalpers' prices, at only $200 a seat if you buy 4 today! You can be the first on that block too. And don't forget the 20 HP gain items on eBay.

Now do you follow me better? I didn't want to have to make it so obvious. But then again, I guess it was obviousness you wanted doing your posting in the first place.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Airhog=crap.......

well I'll let you know when it comes in...it's on order
NOT!!!!!! Give me a break it's made by Fram. The same company that makes those great oil filters "It's just a filter!!!" Ugh give it up dude

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

No tears for you here pal...just laughs at your stupidity

I'll use Pete's line "go play in the traffic kid"

Here's a tissue for you.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard